Thomson Tours EPIC Trans Swiss Day 4
Interlaken to Ulrich
Today consisted of two climbs only: Gross Scheidigg and Grimselpass. These two passes go over the alps. The first pass wasn’t open to cars and it was a paved (but rough) road that went up close to the Eiger. It was very steep and steady and only 10k but maybe the toughest climb I’ve done because of how steep it was. It was twice as long and half again as steep as climbing Cadillac. Plus the road surface was not great and some parts were covered in cow poop.
The second was much less steep but very long (25 km climb). It climbed past a couple dams. This was a pretty busy road but I enjoyed watching Ferrari’s and porsches fly past up the canyon.
I was pretty toast on this climb. One rider couldn’t finish.... I finished last. Skinny guys are fast. I climbed with Aitor he stayed with me which I really appreciated.
Cobbles tomorrow











Comments
Post a Comment