Ulrichen
We stayed in the same hotel for 2 nights in a row. I’ve had trouble falling asleep so the extra time we had because we didn’t have to pack up suitcases I used to sleep in.
I think I’m starting to get used to as much effort as I’m having to put in.
We usually leave around 8:15 and don’t get back to the hotel I til 4:30-5:30.
Shower, change, wash clothes.
6:15 is team meeting to preview the next day. 6:30 dinner.
I try to get to bed at 10… dinner takes forever and I always am fighting falling asleep.
Today’s photos.
.Our view at lunch
St. Gotthard pass. Swiss cobbles... very different from Belgian cobbles. Belgian cobbles are much bigger (the Belgians refer to them as “têtes des moines” or monk’s heads...) which makes their bike races very tough especially in the spring when it’s wet. the Swiss cobbles are all very uniform and much smoother.
Looking down the switchbacks of St. Gotthard. This was my favorite climb of the week. The views were breathtaking and it averaged just above 6% which is much nicer for me than the really steep climbs.
Everything looks so beautiful there. You probably are so filled with adrenaline that you cannot fall asleep. Every night is Christmas Eve as a child and you cannot get to sleep. We love you.
ReplyDelete