Thomson Tours EPIC Trans Swiss Day 1
Villars
Aitor and Scotty picked us up from the airport. Aitor is young and kind, from Spain. Scotty is quiet and from Australia.
We drove together in a van to Villars which is a ski resort
Day 1 route: we got the bikes set up and went for a 20 mile ride to get acquainted with the rentals and make sure everything was set up comfortably. I’m the youngest rider here, there are 6 others. They are all very skinny and short except one guy is very tall and skinny.We descended to the valley- windy and fast and then rode along the valley floor and climbed up from the other side. I tried to pace myself. I may be the second or third slowest of the group. The little villages are so cute and everything is very green.
Switzerland is expensive! A small bottle of water is 4.5 Swiss francs (near $5).
I’m tired... still catching up from the plane flight where I was kept up by the crying baby behind me.
Scotty - ride leader previewing the day. Telling us what to wear and how to ride the club. What to watch out for.I didn’t feel like my legs were very fresh. I felt like my breathing was very fast and my legs felt sore.
Our hotel room was amazing, it was on the balcony of the hotel and we had a sauna in the apartment.



Comments
Post a Comment